Everyone wants to start a blog but each of them fears and think its the most difficult thing to do which involves coding.
Well, I would say “Not at All”. You can simply start a blog for FREE by following the step-by-step process showcased in this article.
I have generated more than 4 figures a month from many websites and then sold that website for 20 times the higher price of the earning I used to get annually.
So, if you follow the step-by-step process on how to start blogging, we are sure you will have a great experience in the blogging journey.
So, do you want to quit your job and enter into blogging and generate huge income?
Yes, it’s possible. A tons of people have already done this.
Many people asked us questions on how to start blog in some or other way as below:
- How to start a Blog for FREE?
- How create blog FREE?
- How to start a blog for free and make money?
- How to start a blog for free in India or any other part of the world?
- How to start a blog free and make money?
- How to create a blog for free WordPress?
- How to start a blog for free on WordPress?
- How to start a blog for free WordPress?
So if you too have any questions as above, you must follow the step by step process shown in this article.
How to Start a Blog For Free with No Experience
This article is made knowing the fact that you don’t have any prior knowledge in blogging.
By the end of this article, you will have your own blog and will be ready to earn money as a passive income.
Step 1. Choose your own Blogging Platform
The very first step towards Blogging is to “Where to create your Blog?“
There are numerous blogging platform that bloggers use with different different opinions about each of them.
Generally, WordPress is the most famous and widely used platform.
Most of the Bloggers starts with WordPress.
The main reason behind it is that it is easy to use and manage.
Since you are new in this blogging platform, we would strongly recommend you to continue with WordPress only.
Also, please don’t confuse with WordPress.com and WordPress.org
WordPress.org is a self-hosted WordPress Blog which is what you need.
Step 2. Selecting your Blog Niche
Selecting your niche is one of the very important and the initial step when you start with blogging journey.
By niche what we mean is finding the areas about which your blog will be all about.
Never start your blogging journey with various areas of topics in your single blogging website. People often like to subscribe to a blog that has authority on a particular topic.
Also, the Search Engines Like Google, Bing etc. prefers to rank such websites which is built with a single topic.
Even 90% of the top bloggers focusses on their blogs on a particular niche.
So the biggest question is How to find the perfect topic of your blog?
Here are some tips to help you to select a profitable niche:
- Find a topic/area which you have a strong command. Selecting such a topic which you feel you are good at and you can compete others on that topic.
- Make a total list of all the topics one by one. For example Health, Technology, Finance, Science, Fitness, Photography, Baby-care, Yoga, etc.
- If you are blogging for earning a good amount of money, then you shouldn’t choose such a topic that would get a huge amount of traffic with no or little money.
Some topics like:
- Free Movies Download
- Free HD Wallpaper
- Whatsapp Status and Tips
- Free SMS
These Niches would have a huge traffic on your website but will generate less revenue.
At the same time, you shouldn’t choose such a topic which is difficult for yourself to understand and write articles.
So, we suggest a good niche for you would be a one which you have a strong command, have a good traffic, and can generate huge revenue.
Also, your niche should have a future. It means that if someone makes blog on Iphone10, what would happen if Iphone 11 comes up?
Choose a topic satisfying the below points:
- The niche which you have a strong command and Interest
- Good Traffic (Google Monthly Searches)
- Monetary Value (High Cost per Click CPC)
- Trending and Futuristic Niche
Step 3. Choose a Perfect Name for your Blog
Now, the best part is “Naming your Blog”. In our case its “TechieTalker.com“
Domain name is a crucial step in your blogging journey as it is something with which people will remember you always.
So, follow the below key rules to pick a Domain name for your blog:
- Easy to remember
- Easy to Pronounce
- Easy to type
- Selecting a Domain name that already has some authority backlinks.
- The shorter, the better
- Always choose your Domain name with the “.com” extension.
- Avoid using numbers, hyphens, and homophones.
Don’t overthink right now. The brand actually builds over time. Even if you are struck, just keep moving ahead.
So, just take a pen and paper and start combining words and phrases until something clicks to you.
At a moment, try to aim yourself for 10 potential names and write them out.
Now, for all those 10 names, see if those domains are available or not.
You can check domain availability Via Blue Host Domain name checker.
Once you type your potential domains and click on search, you will see if the Domain name is available or not.
So, keep using your potential domain names until you find it to be available.
Well, the Domain name will cost you around $8 to $12/year depending on different registrars, but here is a trick. I will guide you with the process to save this $8 to $12 on your domain purchase.
Step 4. Getting Web Hosting for your Blog
Web Hosting is a place where WordPress will be installed. This is actually a server which is active 24×7 and all your website/blog data will be stored on these servers.
There are numerous hosting service providers. But your choice will be the one which will have a good speed and uptime.
Bluehost is the ideal choice as it offers you great features that will help you to get started blogging more effectively at a lesser price. For example:
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free Domain name (Here you save $8 to $12 on domain purchase)
- C-panel access
- Live chat support
- 30 days of the money-back guarantee
Select Basic Plan if you are willing to start with a single blog or you can go with Plus plan if you have a plan of going with multiple blogging websites.
Though you can always upgrade your plan in future, so go with Basic Plan for now.
On the next page, fill out your contact information. Scroll down and choose your registration term period from Account plan drop down.
The longer the period you take, the best price deal you will get. So we do recommend you to take it for 36 months registration period to get a good deal and save a good amount of money in hosting.
Pay attention towards the extra packages that you may skip to save your money.
Which Extra Packages to choose
Now, we have to look towards which extra packages to select which would benefit us in our blogging journey.
Let’s talk about each extra features one by one:
- Domain Privacy & Protection– It actually helps you to keep your personal information secure from the public whois record. It replaces your contact information with Bluehost’s business information. We do strongly recommend investing in this.
- CodeGuard Basic- This helps in creating a daily backup of your blog. This actually helps you if you lost your data or deleted your files from the server, you can use it to restore it back. Well, you don’t need this as there are various plugins for FREE that can do this. So you can remove this extra feature.
- Bluehost SEO Tools– Bluehost provides some SEO tools to enhance your blog. But there are much better options which are available. You don’t need this. So you can remove this extra feature.
- Microsoft 365 Mailbox Trail- This feature helps in managing your business email accounts. It’s FREE, so you can try it out. But there are many other alternatives as well.
- SiteLock Security Essentials- This feature helps in preventing your blog from malware. Well, there are many alternatives available which are FREE. So you can remove this extra feature.
Conclusion: Domain Privacy & Protection is only with what you need to continue and move forward. The public whois would look something like below:
Apart from Domain Privacy & Protection, uncheck everything and continue.
Under the payment option, you have various options to pay via credit card/debit card or you may even pay via PayPal. You can click on More to see additional payment options. Click on Submit.
Well, the complex steps are now over. Congratulations, you blog is being set up in just 10 mins by bluehost.
Step 5. Set-up your Blog – Installing WordPress
Now, you got your FREE Domain name and hosting account. Your credentials will also be mailed to you.
You can log in to your bluehost account and click on Install WordPress.
Click on Do it yourself and Install.
Once you have installed with the WordPress, you are good to go to have a deeper look on WordPress.
Step 6. Designing your blog- Choosing your WordPress Theme
Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard by visiting “yourdomain.com/wp-admin“
So, once you enter your username and password, you will dive into your WordPress dashboard. It will look something like below:
As a default, your blog would look something like this.
So, now you have to select a theme for your blog.
While selecting any theme, our main objective will be the following:
- The theme should be attractive
- Fast loading Theme
There are many Free and Paid WordPress themes. We always recommend going for a paid version of the theme as it would have a lot of features to set up your blog effectively and efficiently.
I strongly recommend to use Astra Plugin as it is a light weight theme and super fast.
Step 7. Installing Essential Plugins
Though there are millions of plugins in WordPress store, but there are few that you must install in your WordPress site from day one.
Some Essential Plugins you should have on your WordPress Blog are:
- Yoast SEO
- JetPack By WordPress
- SitKit by Google
- Short Pixels
Though many more plugins need to be installed in later, but you must install the above said plugins from day one.
Now your basic architecture of your blog is ready. Now it’s the time for you to create content.
Step 8. Content Planning
The content planning is one of the most crucial steps before you start writing your blog articles.
List down all your topics in your mind and plan how to write the contents. List down all the heading you would use, how many approx. words you would target, what transition words to use, and specially what all keywords to use inside your content.
Listing the targeted keywords is the key to success of your WordPress blog.
Step 9. Write your first Article
So now, the main part come i.e. writing your articles.
Well, most of the people who start for the very first time, writes the articles without planning and without any targeted keywords or selecting high difficulty keywords.
Since you have just started, so you have to choose such target keywords which have low competition with high google search.
Some Tips to write a good articles:
- While your write an article, always think that you are talking one to one. It means you should always use such words as “You”, “I”. Always assume there is some person next to you who is listening to your article.
- Try to use active voice as much as you can
- Use as much as transition words. This will help readers engage.
- Use your targeted keywords in your headings
- Don’t use repetitive words in continuous statements.
- Try to write shorter sentences
- Use Inbound and Outbound Links
- Use meta-description for your blogs
These are one of the most essential points you must keep in mind before writing any article in your blog.
Step 10. Set-up Basic Pages of your Website
Your website is your brand. So, you must have your brand complete information in a professional way when a visitor visits your website.
So, to facilitate this you must have the below pages on your website:
- Home Page:- This is a page where people would visit when visiting your website.
- About Page:- This page contains the complete information about your website, blog, and all your content is all about.
- Blog Page:- Blog page is a page that has all the articles you have written. You can customize its appearance from the theme settings.
- Contact Us Page:- This Page helps readers to contact you in case of any query or feedback.
- Disclaimer Page
- Disclosure Page
- Terms and Condition Page
So, complete the setup of these pages and you are good to go to the next step.
Step 11. Brining Visitors to your blog
Now since you have covered most of the essential steps, so its time for visitors to visit your blog.
But, there are some strategies that has to be adopted to increase the traffic of the targeted visitors.
Also, you need to submit your website on Google search console to enable google to reach your website and your articles.
Step 12. Socialise your Blog
Since you have completed all the important activities, now its time to share your articles on social media.
Always share your articles on Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter using hashtags to help your article to reach a wider audience.
The more you share the better is the promotion.